Just a quick post to remind any of you aspiring authors out there that Makeout Creek is holding their first ever Short Fiction Contest.
Makeout Creek is an indie magazine/publisher near and dear to my heart. Cool style, great vibe, and great people. And they want YOU! Possibly. If you have the chops. You have to have the chops, right?
- Judged by Tom De Haven, author of It’s Superman! and Freaks’ Amour
- $100 prize + publication in Issue 8 + 5 copies of Issue 8 + Makeout Creek back catalog
- Submission period: April 2 – June 2, 2015
- Send submissions to email@example.com w/ subject line “contest/title/author”
- 4000 word max, any genre or subject or style
- $6 entry fee, payable via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note: submission email is different from payment email**